To help you prepare for your tax appointment, please use the following outline as a guide for items that you will probably need to bring with you. If you have any other related questions about what to bring, don’t hesitate to call or email us.
If you are a new client:
- Your prior year tax return (two years if you have them).
- Depreciation tables from the prior year if you have a business.
- A “voided” check for proof of the account you want to use for direct deposit.
- All Social Security Numbers and dates of birth of both spouses and all dependents.
- Drivers licenses of both spouses.
If you are a new client or prior year client:
- All W-2’s and 1099’s.
- Social Security Numbers and dates of birth of new dependents.
- IRA / Roth IRA contributions and distributions
- Drivers licenses of both spouses
- Alimony paid or received
- Unemployment income
- Job related expenses
- Tuition fees
- Student loan interest
- Pension and retirement income
- Social Security income
- Form 1095 (Obamacare)
- If you sold securities – cost basis of securities sold.
- Child care costs
- Itemized deductions such as mortgage interest, real estate and other taxes, and charitable contributions
- Income and expense information if you have a business.